What best informs us understanding how the human mind works, or more applicably, how it doesn’t work, or works differently for different folks? When posing these questions, or even asking them of oneself, equal parts introspection and a distancing from some of those thoughts, serves one well when navigating the minefield of human consciousness.

So, where to go from here? Well, as the title of this post indicates some sort of exercise to soothe…activate…tame – the procrastinated mind is the key to being optimally primed to effectively work at one’s best. Exercise for the body essentially becomes fuel for the mind. And to activate one’s mind effectively and to good purpose is to give the body what it needs!

running

Photo by Jenny Hill on Unsplash

Parenthood has definitely been a motivator in the activation of the body. I fondly recall when my spouse was pregnant with our first child, going for runs and imaging doing the same with this unborn son, 20, 30, 40 years down the road. This pic gives me some inspiration in imaging that future reality, now with any of my kids…I’m sure it won’t be long before I’m left  following their blazed trail!

run for fun

Photo by Lisa Wall on Unsplash